Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries:
Status, Perspectives and Capacity Building
An informative presentation by L.F. Diaz CalRecovery, Inc. Concord, California USA
This presentation was part at the Intergovernmental Preparatory Meeting for CSD-19 on March 3rd , 2011
United Nations Headquarters New York, USA.
Download Diaz's presentation here
"Key Solid Waste Issues in Developing Countries
1. Substantial population growth in urban centers
2. Lack of legislation and policies for realistic, long-term planning
3. Inadequate storage and limited collection
4. Lack of proper disposal
5. Use of inappropriate technology and equipment
7. Insufficient knowledge of basic principles"